Girl dies after being hit by vehicle in Chhattisgarh Deputy Speaker`s cavalcade
Raipur: A 21-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker of Chhattisgarh Assembly Narayan Chandel here on Wednesday.
"Madhu Jain, a CA final exam student, died on the spot, when she was knocked down by the pilot vehicle Bolero (CG-04 TA 0677) in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker in Shankar Nagar," City Superintendent of Police Manisha Thakur told PTI.
"The incident happened when Madhu was allegedly trying to overtake a car on her two-wheeler and collided head-on with the pilot vehicle coming from opposite direction from SRP chowk.
"After the accident, the driver of the pilot vehicle stopped there and informed the emergency service," she added.
The victim hailed from Titlagarh, in Balangir district in Odissa, and was staying here in a hostel. The driver of the vehicle Rohit Nayak (24) has been arrested, Thakur said.
However, the girl`s relatives alleged that police tinkered with vehicle registration number in the FIR in an attempt to cover up.
"Earlier, police mentioned a government vehicle with number CG02-0009 in its FIR based on the statements of the eye witnesses, but later changed it," Ganesh Agrawal, the victim`s uncle alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi