Maoists are inhuman: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Monday termed the Maoists "inhuman" and said the state government has launched a decisive drive against them.
"Maoists are inhuman and anti-national, we have launched a decisive drive against these violent elements rather than shying away from fighting them," Raman Singh said in his speech at state`s main Independence Day function at the police parade ground here.
"Maoists have posed a grave threat to country`s internal security and the state government is not only successfully countering them but also exposing their conspiracies."
In his 20-minute speech, Raman Singh, who heads the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in India`s worst leftist insurgency-hit state, said: "I got courage to take on anti-national forces active in the state, mainly in the Bastar region, from the people of the forested areas where so many people have lost their family members to Maoist violence."
The Chief Minister presented details before a gathering of roughly 5,000 people how he was striving to unleash development in the poverty-hit but mineral-rich state that came into existence in November 2000.
"I am doing my best to improve the people`s life quality and build up infrastructure across the state and the results have started coming in. The per capita annual income in the state has gone up to Rs.44,000 from Rs.10,000 while per capita power consumption has risen to 1,400 units from just 300 units," the 59-year-old politician said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey