Naxal attack: Mishra panel to visit Jiram Valley on June 14
Raipur: Justice Prashant Mishra Commission probing the naxal attack on the Congress convoy in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district will visit the site of the ambush at Jiram Valley on June 14.
27 people, including state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel, his son Dinesh, Salwa Judum leader Mahendra Karma among others were killed, and 36 others including former Union minister VC Shukla injured in the naxal ambush on Congress` `parivartan yatra` on May 25.
The panel will work from the Office of the Commissioner, Bastar Division in Jagdalpur town, around 30 kms away from Jiram valley, an official said.
The commission, headed by Justice Prashant Mishra, a sitting judge of the Chhattisgarh high court, was set up by the state government to investigate the attack even as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is conducting a separate probe.
The panel held its first meeting with senior government officials at the state guest house `Pahuna` here.
The commission will pay a visit to the attack site on June 14, apparently to reconstruct the sequence of event on May 25.
Senior bureaucrats, including Principal Secretary, Law Department AK Samant Ray and Secretary, General Administration Department Manoj Kumar Pingua took part in the meeting.
The official said that the terms of reference of the Mishra Commission will be the circumstances under which the attack occurred, whether it could have been averted, lapses in providing adequate security, any lapses in adhering to security measures by concerned agencies as well as the organisers of Congress` rally, coordination among state and Central officer, reaction time of state police among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed