Naxal attack on Congress leaders suicidal: CPI-ML
Bhopal: Strongly condemning the Maoist attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, the Communist Party of India(ML) has said that such an action would result in perpetuating more state violence on the poor tribals.
The May 25 attack on the Congress leaders returning after a Parivartan rally was a "suicidal" act, which would only lead to more state terror against tribal masses, CPI(ML) state secretary Badri Prasad said in a statement issued here last night.
"Such `anarchist` action by Maoists would only tarnish the image of Naxalbari uprising of landless peasants of North Bengal in 1967 for land and social change and people`s struggles led by them in different states," Prasad said.
It was quite clear that the present attack leading to killing of many Congress activists including top Chhattisgarh leaders would be used by the ruling system to further intensify para-military assault to wipe out Maoists from their strongholds, he said.
It was totally illogical on the part of Maoists to think that by killing (Mahendra) Karma, they can take revenge against Salwa Judum or other atrocities against tribals and other oppressed sections of the society, he said.
If Karma took initiative in launching the Salwa Judum, it was the BJP-led state government and central forces which later implemented it, the CPI(ML) leader said.
Besides, the Maoist attack like many of their earlier actions would be used by the Congress-led coalition government to describe all communist revolutionaries as supporters of BJP, Prasad added.
Heavily-armed Maoists had on Saturday ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in the state`s Sukma district, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar and injuring 32 others, including former Union Minister V C Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'