Two Naxals held in Raipur
Raipur: Two Naxals were arrested during an area domination operation in Maoist-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres of Chema Janmilitia outfit of outlawed CPI (Maoist) were nabbed from the forests of Mardapal police station limits yesterday, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri said.
The joint squad of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force is on an area domination operation in Mardapal region, located around 250 kms from the state capital Raipur,?since Wednesday.
When the security forces reached near Malanar forest, they spotted a man trying to escape in the region and arrested him following a chase.
During interrogation, the arrested man, Ramchand (20), admitted to being involved in the movement and based on his instance, another rebel - Sampat - was nabbed from the jungle between Chhoteusri and Tirkananar village, he said.
The duo were involved in several incidents of crime, including attack on Ranapal police base camp in 2010 and murder of villagers, he said.
Both were produced in a local court which sent them in judicial custody last evening, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre