4-yr-old boy rescued within hours of kidnapping in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police today rescued a four-year-old boy within hours of his kidnapping from the premises of Lady Hardinge Medical College here.
Sunita (34), allegedly a member of a gang involved in human trafficking, was arrested for the abduction, police officials said.
The boy, who lives in slums at Kali Bari, had gone to the city hospital with his mother Jyoti at around 8:30 AM today. Jyoti, who had gone to see a relative`s new-born baby, last saw her son playing in the corridors of the hospital after which he went missing, they added.
"The hospital`s security guards joined Jyoti in her search for her son but the boy was nowhere to be found. The hospital authorities then informed the police," a police official said.
The police team reached the spot and checked the CCTV footages which showed the boy walking out with a woman.
"However, the footage was not clear enough to reveal the exact appearance of the woman," said the official.
Police then contacted its Special Cell which deals with cases of human trafficking.
Police apprehended Sunita by evening from central Delhi`s Jhandewalan area.
During interrogation, the woman revealed that she had lured the child outside the hospital by promising to give him biscuits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy