4-yr-old boy rescued within hours of kidnapping in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police today rescued a four-year-old boy within hours of his kidnapping from the premises of Lady Hardinge Medical College here.
Sunita (34), allegedly a member of a gang involved in human trafficking, was arrested for the abduction, police officials said.
The boy, who lives in slums at Kali Bari, had gone to the city hospital with his mother Jyoti at around 8:30 AM today. Jyoti, who had gone to see a relative`s new-born baby, last saw her son playing in the corridors of the hospital after which he went missing, they added.
"The hospital`s security guards joined Jyoti in her search for her son but the boy was nowhere to be found. The hospital authorities then informed the police," a police official said.
The police team reached the spot and checked the CCTV footages which showed the boy walking out with a woman.
"However, the footage was not clear enough to reveal the exact appearance of the woman," said the official.
Police then contacted its Special Cell which deals with cases of human trafficking.
Police apprehended Sunita by evening from central Delhi`s Jhandewalan area.
During interrogation, the woman revealed that she had lured the child outside the hospital by promising to give him biscuits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing