AAP putting cases against Cong ministers on backburner: BJP
New Delhi: Accusing Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government of putting the cases against former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her ministers on the backburner, BJP on Thursday said it will hold a sit-in at Rajghat tomorrow to expose the ruling party`s "anti-national" and "anti-people policies".
"We will hold a dharna at Rajghat tomorrow to highlight the anti-national and anti-people policies of AAP. Supporting referendum in Kashmir, raising doubts over Batla House encounter and now protecting Congress` leaders in Delhi from corruption charges are a clear evidence of the opportunism of AAP," a BJP statement said today.
Addressing a joint press conference here today, Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel and former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said "the details of corruption done by Congress ministers and their Chief Minister are there in the CAG reports, Shunglu Committee report and the judgments given by Lokayukta."
"What more proof is required for Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to move against them"? said Goel.
"The fact is that after AAP formed an alliance with Congress to come to power, it has decided to put cases against Congress` former ministers and the former CM on backburner.
"Otherwise, there is no reason that even a single complaint has not been lodged against any of them during the last 10 days", he said.
"It is the same Arvind Kejriwal who had come out with a 370-page charge sheet against Congress. Had he really been honest about catching the big fish, he should have a lodged case against the former Congress ministers and the Chief Minister during the last 10 days but instead, he is skirting the issue now by saying that the cases will be filed only after someone gives the proof of graft by the Congress leaders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees