AAP slams police for not registering FIR against BJP leaders
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Thursday slammed the Delhi police for not registering FIR against BJP leaders and workers after the violent clash between the workers of the two political parties.
"They pelted stones and attacked us, so why has the police not registered any FIR against the BJP leaders," AAP leader Shazia Ilmi told reporters after coming out of police interrogation in the Parliament Police Station.
Ilmi and AAP leader Ashutosh were summoned by the Delhi Police today for interrogation in the case related to the violent clash between BJP and AAP workers.
She said that the police asked her about the protest and subsequent clash to which she said that she had not attacked anyone.
"I asked them to see the footage and verify whether I was pelting stones. I was in front of water cannons, sloganeering.
"On what basis is the police booking us for rioting. AAP workers pelted stones in retaliation after they were attacked," he said.
"Can you believe it Prof Anand Kumar (party`s candidate from North East Delhi), the most respected professor is arrested and Nalin Kohli (BJP spokesperson) is roaming free?
No arrest of BJP leaders and activists till now by Delhi Police ? Is BJP and Police hand in glove !!!," Ashutosh tweeted.
Incidentally, #BiasedDelhiPolice hash tag started by AAP supporters started trending on twitter the whole day.
Another AAP leader and former Law Minister Somnath Bharti, who appeared for AAP workers before the court, has said that the party will also file a cross complaint.
"We will surely file a cross complaint. How can they initiate violence?" Bharti said.
He added that there is no basis to the story that AAP workers were carrying stones and the cases registered against party workers were political in nature and many vital ingredients were missing in the FIR.
"Found out that there is a construction going on inside the BJP headquarters n hence AAP volunteers carrying stones is a mindless allegation," he tweeted.
Party leader Prashant Bhushan had yesterday alleged that BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli had attacked AAP workers and no action was being taken against the BJP.
AAP and BJP leaders clashed outside the BJP office in Delhi, Lucknow and Gujarat after the brief detention of Party Convener Arvind Kejriwal by the Gujarat police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire