Aarushi muder case: Talwars` plea to defer hearing
Ghaziabad: A special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case on Saturday trashed the petition of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar seeking to defer the proceedings of the case till July 20.
The Talwar couple had yesterday moved a fresh petition seeking to defer the ongoing case proceedings till July 20.
The couple had sought time till July 20 saying that the Allahabad High Court has reserved its verdict for July 16 on their plea, seeking reports of brain mapping, sound simulation test, narco-analysis and lie detector test be put on court record.
However, Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal rejected their plea and fixed July 8 as the next date of hearing.
On July 8, statement of Talwars` witness Dr R K Sharma, former HOD of forensic science at AIIMS, will be recorded.
"The court has fixed July 8 for defence evidence. On this date, Dr R K Sharma`s statement will continue. The application moved on Friday was rejected by the court," said Manoj Sisodia, Talwar`s counsel .
Till now, Talwars` defence witnesses Dr Urmila Sharma, a gynaecologist, Dr Amullya Chadda, a dentist and Rajinder Kaul, a resident of Sector 47 Gurgaon, have recorded their statements in the CBI court, while Talwars` fourth witness Dr RK Sharma`s statement is going on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster