Adequate security before CW Games: Lt Governor
New Delhi: Allaying apprehensions in wake of
Pune blast, Lt Governor of Delhi Tejindra Khanna on Monday said
adequate security cover will be put in place in the city for
the Commonwealth Games here from October 3 to 14.
During a meeting with an Australian delegation, Khanna,
who is looking after the security aspect of the Games in
coordination with the Union Home Ministry, said foolproof
security will be put in place ahead of the event.
He said the city was fully prepared to ensure adequate
protection during the event as all possible measures were
being taken by security agencies.
The Australian delegation was led by Speaker of Western
Australia Assembly Grant Woodhams.
Over 9,000 athletes from 71 countries besides 100,000
international spectators are expected to visit the national
capital during the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends