Advani is BJP choice for PM: Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: Claiming that the country is
moving towards mid-term elections, BJP leader Jaswant Singh
today said there is no dispute within the party on the
leadership issue and LK Advani is the unanimous choice for
Prime Minister`s post.
Asked if BJP has been able to present itself as an
alternative, Singh said, "Definitely, BJP is the
choice of the people. And as far as the question of leadership
in the party is concerned, Advani is our topmost leader...
There is neither any doubt nor any dispute on this issue."
On his choice for Prime Minister in the party, he said,
"My choice is Advani."
In reply to a question on the issue of his not enjoying
the same stature after his return to the party as he did
before, he said, "I have nothing to do with this. I was
invited to the party. I came back on the invitation of Advani
and (party president) Gadkari. This was not a give-and-take
Singh expressed concern over the current political
situation in the country.
"It is the government`s functioning that creates
issues. In this scenario, the kind of political landscape that
is emerging is extremely sad. The anger of the people due to
government`s inactivity and corruption is boiling over," Singh
said claiming that the "country is headed for mid-term polls."
The BJP MP maintained that such a situation had not
emerged ever in the country in the last 60 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes