Anna supporters at PM`s residence, 100 detained
New Delhi: Around 100 people were on Wednesday detained as Anna Hazare supporters staged protests at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence demanding a strong Lokpal, while he was closeted with top political leaders discussing the issue.
Throughout the three-hour meeting, protesters gathered outside 7 Race Course Road residence of Singh in small groups, dodging the high security there, and then re-grouped shouting slogans against the government and demanding that a strong Lokpal Bill be passed.
Police said, around 100 people have been detained in connection with the protests outside Singh`s residence.
While a protest took place before the meeting, another group came towards the end of the meeting. Police swung into action and took 50 people, including women, to a nearby police station on a bus.
The protest affected traffic on the Race Course Road for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi