Anonymous call to BPO employee to carry out blasts
Ghaziabad: An anonymous call to a Noida
BPO employee asking him to carry out blasts at important
places in the district on Delhi`s outskirts on Thursday threw
authorities into a tizzy.
Police said they have intensified efforts to trace the
person whom they suspect had telephoned from a telecom
operator`s customer care line yesterday and offered Rs two
crores to carry out the act.
Naveen Chaudhary, a resident of the district and
working at a BPO in Noida, received the call at about 3 PM
yesterday, City SP J K Shahi said, adding all efforts were on
to track the caller.
SSP Raghubir Lal said security arrangements have been
tightened in the district in wake of the call and also due to
the large number of Kanwarias (devotees of Lord Shiva)
arriving here on feet from Haridwar.
Police, however, are not ruling out mischief behind
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country