Anonymous call to BPO employee to carry out blasts
Ghaziabad: An anonymous call to a Noida
BPO employee asking him to carry out blasts at important
places in the district on Delhi`s outskirts on Thursday threw
authorities into a tizzy.
Police said they have intensified efforts to trace the
person whom they suspect had telephoned from a telecom
operator`s customer care line yesterday and offered Rs two
crores to carry out the act.
Naveen Chaudhary, a resident of the district and
working at a BPO in Noida, received the call at about 3 PM
yesterday, City SP J K Shahi said, adding all efforts were on
to track the caller.
SSP Raghubir Lal said security arrangements have been
tightened in the district in wake of the call and also due to
the large number of Kanwarias (devotees of Lord Shiva)
arriving here on feet from Haridwar.
Police, however, are not ruling out mischief behind
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal