Another chilly, foggy day for Delhiites
New Delhi: Yet another chilly morning
greeted Delhiites on Thursday with the minimum temperature settling
at 6.6 degree Celsius even as dense fog hit flight operations
at the airport here.
The minimum was recorded at 6.6 degree Celsius, one
degree below normal, while the maximum was at 22.3 degrees --
two notches above average for this time of the season.
More than 40 domestic and international flights have been
delayed from the IGI Airport here, while nine arriving and
departing flights were cancelled.
The visibility at the runway dropped to 50 metres as a
result no flights could take off since 6:00 am. The minimum
visibility is 125 metres and 150 metres for various categories
According to MeT office, there would be no respite
tomorrow as well as it has predicted dense fog in the morning.
However, there would be a slight increase in the temperature
with the maximum and minimum expected to oscillate between 22
and 8 degree Celsius.
In December last year, the minimum had come down to 5.2
deg C on the 22nd of the month. In the past decade, the lowest
minimum for the month was recorded on December 12, 2005 when
the mercury recorded 3.3 deg C while the highest maximum was
28.4 deg C on December 15, 2003.
The record for the lowest minimum for the month of
December is 1.1 deg C recorded on the 26th of the month in
1945 and the highest maximum was 29.3 deg C on third of the
month in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP