Army jawan climbs mobile tower in protest
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed near New Delhi Railway station this evening when an armyman climbed a 200-feet mobile tower, apparently angry with his seniors for his alleged harassment.
K Muthu, who is attached with Engineers Regiment, climbed the tower at Ajmeri Gate and stay put there and did not heed to appeals by police to come down, a senior police official said.
Army sources claimed Muthu, who is deployed in Kota, had done the "Sholay stunt" earlier in Bangalore also.
He has been absent from his unit since July seven without sanctioned leave.
A Court of Inquiry is likely to be ordered soon against him and action will be taken, sources said adding he had sought retirement from the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players