Army jawan climbs mobile tower in protest
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed near New Delhi Railway station this evening when an armyman climbed a 200-feet mobile tower, apparently angry with his seniors for his alleged harassment.
K Muthu, who is attached with Engineers Regiment, climbed the tower at Ajmeri Gate and stay put there and did not heed to appeals by police to come down, a senior police official said.
Army sources claimed Muthu, who is deployed in Kota, had done the "Sholay stunt" earlier in Bangalore also.
He has been absent from his unit since July seven without sanctioned leave.
A Court of Inquiry is likely to be ordered soon against him and action will be taken, sources said adding he had sought retirement from the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city