BJP accuses state EC of ignoring its complaints
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Thuesday accused the State
Election Commission of ignoring its requests and complaints on
issues related to municipal polls to be held on Sunday.
Senior BJP leader VK Malhotra said the party submitted a
number of requests and complaints to the commission in the
last couple of weeks but it neither responded nor took action
based on the petitions of the party.
Citing examples, he said BJP had lodged a complaint with
the Commission regarding violation of election norms by DPCC
chief JP Agarwal by allegedly seeking votes by invoking
"Similarly a complaint was made to Election Commission
regarding violation of model code of conduct and involvement
in criminal offence by supporters of a Congress candidate in
Ward No 44 in Kamruddin Nagar in North Delhi. But no action
has been taken," Malhotra alleged
He said the party also requested Commission about
guidelines for Radio and Television advertisements but it has
not received any communication from the Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok