BJP candidate records highest victory margin
New Delhi: BJP candidate Jag Roshini emerged as an impressive winner in Delhi municipal polls on Tuesday, recording the highest victory margin of over 17,000 votes while her party colleagues Ram Narayan Dubey and Ashish Sood scraped through with less than 20 votes.
Satwinder Kaur Sirsa of BJP, the only billionaire candidate in the Delhi municipal polls, also notched an impressive victory with a margin of 11,584 votes defeating her Congress rival Prem Suresh Yadav.
Sirsa, who has declared assets worth over Rs 112 crore, had polled 15,581 votes while Yadav got 3,997 votes.
Roshini bagged the Begumpur ward with a margin of 17,284 votes. She polled 23,526 votes while her Congress rival Navita got 6,242 votes.
However, for BJP`s Sood and Dubey, the going was tough from the beginning of the counting of votes as their fortunes swung like a pendulum.
Dubey managed a slender margin of 18 votes to romp home in Dilshad Garden defeating Ajit Singh of Congress. Dubey got 9,091 votes while Singh polled 9.073 votes
Sood got the better of Congress` Sanjay Puri in Janakpuri by 19 votes. Sood polled 9,387 votes while Puri got 9,368.
Another impressive win for BJP was that of Shobha Vijender, the wife of state party chief Vijender Gupta, who pulled off an 8,750 vote victory in a direct fight against Congress` Dr Monica Puri. Shobha polled 14,643 votes as against Puri`s 5,893.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India