BJP candidate records highest victory margin
New Delhi: BJP candidate Jag Roshini emerged as an impressive winner in Delhi municipal polls on Tuesday, recording the highest victory margin of over 17,000 votes while her party colleagues Ram Narayan Dubey and Ashish Sood scraped through with less than 20 votes.
Satwinder Kaur Sirsa of BJP, the only billionaire candidate in the Delhi municipal polls, also notched an impressive victory with a margin of 11,584 votes defeating her Congress rival Prem Suresh Yadav.
Sirsa, who has declared assets worth over Rs 112 crore, had polled 15,581 votes while Yadav got 3,997 votes.
Roshini bagged the Begumpur ward with a margin of 17,284 votes. She polled 23,526 votes while her Congress rival Navita got 6,242 votes.
However, for BJP`s Sood and Dubey, the going was tough from the beginning of the counting of votes as their fortunes swung like a pendulum.
Dubey managed a slender margin of 18 votes to romp home in Dilshad Garden defeating Ajit Singh of Congress. Dubey got 9,091 votes while Singh polled 9.073 votes
Sood got the better of Congress` Sanjay Puri in Janakpuri by 19 votes. Sood polled 9,387 votes while Puri got 9,368.
Another impressive win for BJP was that of Shobha Vijender, the wife of state party chief Vijender Gupta, who pulled off an 8,750 vote victory in a direct fight against Congress` Dr Monica Puri. Shobha polled 14,643 votes as against Puri`s 5,893.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya to be declared PO if he doesn't turn up by July 27
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website