BJP condemns blocking of journos` Twitter accounts
Mumbai: BJP in Maharashtra today condemned the Government`s action of blocking Twitter accounts of some prominent journalists.
State BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said the nation is "staring again at a Emergency-like situation".
Criticising the Government for blocking Twitter accounts of leading journalists and blocking Facebook pages as well as websites, Bhandari said that many anti-Congress Government voices are being silenced.
Bhandari said such acts of censorship and high-handedness remind of the black days during Emergency.
"This is a murder of liberty and right of free political speech," he said.
He questioned why many other Twitter accounts, Facebook pages and websites fomenting trouble, were allowed to continue.
"This action of the Sonia Gandhi-led Congress Government is a blatant display of unabashed minoritism," Bhandari said. He demanded that the government should withdraw these restrictions immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'