BJP condemns blocking of journos` Twitter accounts
Mumbai: BJP in Maharashtra today condemned the Government`s action of blocking Twitter accounts of some prominent journalists.
State BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said the nation is "staring again at a Emergency-like situation".
Criticising the Government for blocking Twitter accounts of leading journalists and blocking Facebook pages as well as websites, Bhandari said that many anti-Congress Government voices are being silenced.
Bhandari said such acts of censorship and high-handedness remind of the black days during Emergency.
"This is a murder of liberty and right of free political speech," he said.
He questioned why many other Twitter accounts, Facebook pages and websites fomenting trouble, were allowed to continue.
"This action of the Sonia Gandhi-led Congress Government is a blatant display of unabashed minoritism," Bhandari said. He demanded that the government should withdraw these restrictions immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing