BJP condemns blocking of journos` Twitter accounts
Mumbai: BJP in Maharashtra today condemned the Government`s action of blocking Twitter accounts of some prominent journalists.
State BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said the nation is "staring again at a Emergency-like situation".
Criticising the Government for blocking Twitter accounts of leading journalists and blocking Facebook pages as well as websites, Bhandari said that many anti-Congress Government voices are being silenced.
Bhandari said such acts of censorship and high-handedness remind of the black days during Emergency.
"This is a murder of liberty and right of free political speech," he said.
He questioned why many other Twitter accounts, Facebook pages and websites fomenting trouble, were allowed to continue.
"This action of the Sonia Gandhi-led Congress Government is a blatant display of unabashed minoritism," Bhandari said. He demanded that the government should withdraw these restrictions immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony