BJP condemns blocking of journos` Twitter accounts
Mumbai: BJP in Maharashtra today condemned the Government`s action of blocking Twitter accounts of some prominent journalists.
State BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said the nation is "staring again at a Emergency-like situation".
Criticising the Government for blocking Twitter accounts of leading journalists and blocking Facebook pages as well as websites, Bhandari said that many anti-Congress Government voices are being silenced.
Bhandari said such acts of censorship and high-handedness remind of the black days during Emergency.
"This is a murder of liberty and right of free political speech," he said.
He questioned why many other Twitter accounts, Facebook pages and websites fomenting trouble, were allowed to continue.
"This action of the Sonia Gandhi-led Congress Government is a blatant display of unabashed minoritism," Bhandari said. He demanded that the government should withdraw these restrictions immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- 24 killed as Cyclone Roanu hits Bangladesh, over 5 lakh evacuated
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources