BJP condemns blocking of journos` Twitter accounts
Mumbai: BJP in Maharashtra today condemned the Government`s action of blocking Twitter accounts of some prominent journalists.
State BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said the nation is "staring again at a Emergency-like situation".
Criticising the Government for blocking Twitter accounts of leading journalists and blocking Facebook pages as well as websites, Bhandari said that many anti-Congress Government voices are being silenced.
Bhandari said such acts of censorship and high-handedness remind of the black days during Emergency.
"This is a murder of liberty and right of free political speech," he said.
He questioned why many other Twitter accounts, Facebook pages and websites fomenting trouble, were allowed to continue.
"This action of the Sonia Gandhi-led Congress Government is a blatant display of unabashed minoritism," Bhandari said. He demanded that the government should withdraw these restrictions immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof