BJP criticises Delhi Metro fare hike
New Delhi: City BJP on Wednesday strongly
criticised the decision to increase metro fares in the
national capital and demanded their immediate roll back.
Slamming the Delhi government for allowing the hike,
senior BJP leader V K Malhotra said the decision exposed "the
real face of the Congress regime".
Questioning the decision, he wondered why the metro
fare has been increased when Delhi Metro is running in profit.
"It is another blow to the residents after the bus
fare hike," he said.
The Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly demanded
immediate roll back of the hike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video