BJP leader Vijender Gupta files complaint against Dikshit
New Delhi: BJP leader Vijender Gupta has filed a complaint against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit before a special court here seeking direction to police to register an FIR against her for allegedly misusing government funds to the tune of Rs 22.56 crore in an advertisement campaign ahead of the 2008 Assembly polls.
In his complaint filed before special judge Narottam Kaushal, Gupta sought registration of FIR against Dikshit and others for criminal breach of trust (section 409 IPC), criminal misappropriation of public funds and criminal misconduct under provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act.
The complaint said in 2007-08, Dikshit was the chief Minister of Delhi and also minister in-charge of information and publicity.
"It was an election year. A number of government advertisements were published in the form of publications of advertisement in newspaper, large number of hoardings showing pictures of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Sheila Dikshit all over Delhi Metro, bus shelters and also in form of radio jingles, TV spots etc by misusing the government machinery and public funds and burdened the state exchequer in carrying out campaign of Congress party for her own political gains," it said.
The matter has now been fixed for July 9.
The complaint filed through advocates Anil Soni and Ajay Digpaul also informed the court that a circular dated May 15, 2007 was issued by the then director (information and publicity) as per which all advertisements were to be approved by Dikshit.
"In aforesaid election year advertisement were issued by Directorate of Information and Publicity on direction of accused with improper and selfish motive to obtain gain or favour for herself and Congress Party squandering public funds to gain advantage for Chief Minister and her party in elections.
"Even the number of advertisements issued by government increased manifold (fivefold) during election year. Approximately Rs 22.56 crore of public funds were spend by accused for purely personal purposes and converted to her use," Gupta has said in his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir