BJP member says hand over Ayodhya disputed land for temple
New Delhi: A BJP member today demanded in the
Lok Sabha that the disputed land in Ayodhya be handed over for
construction of Ram temple in the wake of Allahabad High Court
verdict of September 30.
Raising the matter during Zero Hour, Yogi Adityanath said
the High Court had given its verdict on the basis of "facts
and evidence that the disputed place was the birth place of
He said the Centre had promised in 1993 that it would
abide by the verdict of the court which was to decide whether
Ram temple existed at the disputed place before 1528.
In a split verdict, the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High
Court on September 30 said the place where the makeshift
temple is located should be given to Hindu Mahasabha and the
2.77 acre peripheral land be divided among Hindus and Muslims.
All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has decided
to challenge the verdict in the Supreme Court.
Since the High Court has given its ruling, the Centre
should fulfil its promise made to the Supreme Court in 1993
by handing over the land for construction of Ram temple, the
MP from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh said while likening it to
Somnath temple issue.
Samajwadi Party members objected to Adityanath`s
contention, saying the matter was sub-judice.
Congress member from West Bengal Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
raised the issue of maritime security, saying hundreds of
cargo ships and trawlers were moving freely in Indian waters.
He said it could have security implications for India as
these could be part of subversive activities of the country`s
neighbours and the matter should be taken seriously.
He made the point while citing the case of Mumbai attacks,
saying Pakistan`s Army and ISI were behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'