Bomb alert at Delhi Metro station
Gurgaon: A bomb alert was sounded at the Sikanderpur Metro station Friday, prompting a search operation, police said.
An anonymous call was received at the police control room at around 12.40 p.m. saying that a bomb had been planted at the Sikanderpur Metro station on the Jehangir Puri-Gurgaon line, a police officer said.
A search operation was immediately mounted and the dog squad was also pressed into service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye