‘Can it be prove Kalmadi has dementia?’
New Delhi: Can CBI prove that jailed CWG
Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi has dementia?
CBI officials faced a barrage of such questions by a
group of school students who met them today to understand the
functioning of the probe agency.
A total of 55 students of class XI and XII from Modern
School, Barakhamba road, visited the CBI headquarters here as
part of the the probe agency`s initiative to inform and
educate school students about anti-corruption measures and
their use by citizens.
Abhishek, a student of humanities stream, asked agency
officials that how does the CBI propose to keep its
credibility intact and not be accused of aligning with
"We are definitely endeavouring towards doing the right
and the best. We may not be the best organisation but we are
endeavouring to the best in every right... the officers out
here are of impeccable integrity and they are trying to
deliver the best of what is expected of them," CBI DIG
Tilottama Verma told students.
Verma along with other officials explained that CBI has
specific roles to perform in investigations and issues like
medical history and a few legal points of a person under probe
are dealt in consultation with various other agencies.
"So in this case, (Suresh Kalmadi) the person has to
consult the doctors. We do not have a medical wing under us
which can give an answer," Verma said when a student asked
if recent reports about Kalmadi suffering from dementia could
be proved by CBI.
Kalmadi has however yesterday clarified to the media
that he has no brain problem albeit he has some cardiac
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram