CBI registers five cases against Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered five cases against 13 officials of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for alleged irregularities in the supply of equipments for sewage treatment plants.
Of the 13 officials, eight are executive engineers and five are junior engineers.
A CBI spokesperson said searches were conducted at 21 locations in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida before the cases were filed.
DJB officials allegedly conspired with a private firm to cheat the government to the tune of six crore rupees by supplying spurious and cheap items.
The officials allegedly used forged and fake documents for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT