CBI registers five cases against Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered five cases against 13 officials of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for alleged irregularities in the supply of equipments for sewage treatment plants.
Of the 13 officials, eight are executive engineers and five are junior engineers.
A CBI spokesperson said searches were conducted at 21 locations in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida before the cases were filed.
DJB officials allegedly conspired with a private firm to cheat the government to the tune of six crore rupees by supplying spurious and cheap items.
The officials allegedly used forged and fake documents for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16