CBI registers five cases against Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered five cases against 13 officials of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for alleged irregularities in the supply of equipments for sewage treatment plants.
Of the 13 officials, eight are executive engineers and five are junior engineers.
A CBI spokesperson said searches were conducted at 21 locations in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida before the cases were filed.
DJB officials allegedly conspired with a private firm to cheat the government to the tune of six crore rupees by supplying spurious and cheap items.
The officials allegedly used forged and fake documents for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon