CBI registers five cases against Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered five cases against 13 officials of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for alleged irregularities in the supply of equipments for sewage treatment plants.
Of the 13 officials, eight are executive engineers and five are junior engineers.
A CBI spokesperson said searches were conducted at 21 locations in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida before the cases were filed.
DJB officials allegedly conspired with a private firm to cheat the government to the tune of six crore rupees by supplying spurious and cheap items.
The officials allegedly used forged and fake documents for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea