CBI registers five cases against Delhi Jal Board
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered five cases against 13 officials of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) for alleged irregularities in the supply of equipments for sewage treatment plants.
Of the 13 officials, eight are executive engineers and five are junior engineers.
A CBI spokesperson said searches were conducted at 21 locations in Delhi, Ghaziabad and Noida before the cases were filed.
DJB officials allegedly conspired with a private firm to cheat the government to the tune of six crore rupees by supplying spurious and cheap items.
The officials allegedly used forged and fake documents for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Quran sacrilege: Delhi AAP lawmaker Naresh Yadav sent to judicial custody till Aug 1
- Hillary Clinton nominated for president, husband Bill says she will ''never quit''
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents