CM for strict adherence to regularisation rules
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
on Monday issued directions to strictly follow laid down norms in
regularising unauthorised colonies in the wake of a high-level
probe finding massive irregularities in handing out
provisional regularisation certificates to over 1,200 such
colonies in 2008.
In a meeting, Dikshit was briefed about findings of the
inquiry committee, headed by Divisional Commissioner Vijay
Dev, which highlighted alleged nexus between land grabbers,
Resident Welfare Associations and certain elements in
concerned government departments to procure provisional
regularisation certificates (PRCs) in violation of laid down
Urban Development Minister A K Walia questioned certain
findings of the probe committee and indirectly criticised it
for not consulting officials of his department before
finalising the report, sources said.
They said Dikshit told the Urban Development Minister to
"strictly adhere" to the rules and laid down procedures in
regularising the unauthorised colonies which were issued PRCs
ahead of assembly polls in 2008.
Concerned departments have also been told to prepare
report on the issue for submission with the Delhi Lokayukta
who has issued notices to Delhi Government seeking all details
about the procedure adopted for issuance of PRCs in 2008.
The sources said Urban Development Minister A K Walia
explained about steps being taken to ensure that no ineligible
colony, which has already been issued PRC, was regularised.
"We are following all norms and procedures laid down by
Union Urban Development Ministry in regularising the
unauthorised colonies," they quoted Walia as saying. The Urban
Development department is the nodal agency for regularising
the unauthorised colonies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says