Colonel barred from promotion for irregularities
New Delhi: The Army has expressed "severe
displeasure" against a Colonel who has been indicted by a
Court of Inquiry for alleged irregularities in construction of
a building in Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir.
Colonel Sunil Khosla, Commanding Officer of the 5171
ASC battalion, in 2008, was reprimanded by the Northern Army
Commander Lt Gen B S Jaswal after the COI submitted its
Under the Army Act, an officer awarded a "severe
displeasure" by a commander is barred for promotion for three
years. In case the sentence is given by the Army Chief, the
officer is permanently barred from being promoted.
The COI was launched after the Udhampur-based Northern
Army Command received an anonymous complaint against the
Colonel, Army sources said.
In the complaint, it was alleged that the officer,
while commanding this batallion in Udhampur, had threatened a
jawan to get a Guard Room constructed in the unit at his own
expense or else face disciplinary action, they added.
Taking action on the complaint, the COI submitted its
report to Northern Army Commander Jaswal last year.
After going through the inquiry, under administrative
action, the Army Commander decided to issue a show cause
notice to Khosla.
After receiving the officer`s reply, the Army
Commander expressed "severe displeasure" at his conduct in the
Meanwhile, the officer has filed a statutory complaint
against the action with the Army Headquarters here and also
approached the Armed Forces Tribunal in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan