Cong MPs, MLAs from Telangana ask for roadmap on statehood
New Delhi: As the Budget session of
Parliament begins next week, the issue of a separate Telangana
has started hotting up with Congress MPs and MLAs from the
region asking the high command for a roadmap on the ticklish
Three Congress MPs from the region, including Ponnam
Prabhakar, Suresh Shetkar and Rajaiah, accompanied by over two
party legislators from the region today met senior party
leaders Janardan Dwivedi and Motilal Vora at the AICC
headquarters in this regard.
AICC Secretary P Sudhakar Reddy, who accompanied them,
told reporters that the demand of the leaders from region was
that the government should introduce a bill for the creation
of Telangana in the forthcoming Budget session or announce any
mechanism for formation of the new state.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, party leaders,
meanwhile, said that MLAs from the region have also threatened
to stall the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly
beginning on February 17 if no specific announcement regarding
formation of Telangana is made.
These leaders had met Congress President Sonia
Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel yesterday and have
also sought appointments with the AICC chief and senior party
leaders Pranab Mukherjee, A K Antony and P Chidambaram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday