Cong MPs, MLAs from Telangana ask for roadmap on statehood
New Delhi: As the Budget session of
Parliament begins next week, the issue of a separate Telangana
has started hotting up with Congress MPs and MLAs from the
region asking the high command for a roadmap on the ticklish
Three Congress MPs from the region, including Ponnam
Prabhakar, Suresh Shetkar and Rajaiah, accompanied by over two
party legislators from the region today met senior party
leaders Janardan Dwivedi and Motilal Vora at the AICC
headquarters in this regard.
AICC Secretary P Sudhakar Reddy, who accompanied them,
told reporters that the demand of the leaders from region was
that the government should introduce a bill for the creation
of Telangana in the forthcoming Budget session or announce any
mechanism for formation of the new state.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, party leaders,
meanwhile, said that MLAs from the region have also threatened
to stall the Budget session of Andhra Pradesh Assembly
beginning on February 17 if no specific announcement regarding
formation of Telangana is made.
These leaders had met Congress President Sonia
Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel yesterday and have
also sought appointments with the AICC chief and senior party
leaders Pranab Mukherjee, A K Antony and P Chidambaram.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan