Congress woos Delhi voters with Daler Mehndi song
New Delhi: The ruling Congress party has come out with a campaign song composed and sung by Daler Mehndi to woo the voters ahead of the Dec 4 Delhi assembly polls, a party leader said Tuesday.
"Daler Mehndi has composed and sung the three and a half minutes` song in Hindi for the Delhi polls," a Congress leader said.
"Ab to yaron nikal padi hai meri Dilli, Kiya faisla har dil ne, rukegi nahi meri Dilli, fir se Congress layenge Dilli ko jitayenge...(People of Delhi have started coming out, they have decided not to stop, we will bring Congress to power again and make them victorious)," the song goes.
Mehndi joined the Congress in September, and may contest the Delhi assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union