Congress woos Delhi voters with Daler Mehndi song
New Delhi: The ruling Congress party has come out with a campaign song composed and sung by Daler Mehndi to woo the voters ahead of the Dec 4 Delhi assembly polls, a party leader said Tuesday.
"Daler Mehndi has composed and sung the three and a half minutes` song in Hindi for the Delhi polls," a Congress leader said.
"Ab to yaron nikal padi hai meri Dilli, Kiya faisla har dil ne, rukegi nahi meri Dilli, fir se Congress layenge Dilli ko jitayenge...(People of Delhi have started coming out, they have decided not to stop, we will bring Congress to power again and make them victorious)," the song goes.
Mehndi joined the Congress in September, and may contest the Delhi assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users