Constable arrested on charges of trying to access Jaitley`s call details
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable has been arrested for allegedly trying to access the call details of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Police sources said 32-year-old Arvind Dabas, was arrested yesterday and they have launched a probe to find out other two people who tried to access the details.
They said it has been found that Dabas tried to use the official email ID of an ACP to send a request to a mobile service provider for the call detail records of Jaitley.
Police registered a case a few days ago.
Though Jaitley has not filed any complaint, police launched a probe to ascertain whether any official had sought details about his call records or if it was a case of impersonation.
Reports had it that the nodal officer of a telecom service provider had called the police to inform that they had received a request from the police seeking call detail records of Jaitley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy