Constable arrested on charges of trying to access Jaitley`s call details
New Delhi: A Delhi Police constable has been arrested for allegedly trying to access the call details of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Police sources said 32-year-old Arvind Dabas, was arrested yesterday and they have launched a probe to find out other two people who tried to access the details.
They said it has been found that Dabas tried to use the official email ID of an ACP to send a request to a mobile service provider for the call detail records of Jaitley.
Police registered a case a few days ago.
Though Jaitley has not filed any complaint, police launched a probe to ascertain whether any official had sought details about his call records or if it was a case of impersonation.
Reports had it that the nodal officer of a telecom service provider had called the police to inform that they had received a request from the police seeking call detail records of Jaitley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report