Cop found guilty in 1998 gang-rape case, dismissed
Greater Noida: A police constable was on Sunday dismissed from service after a departmental probe found him guilty in a gang-rape case of 1998.
"Ram Snehi Mishra has been dismissed from service by the SSP as he was found guilty in the inquiry," an official spokesperson said.
Mishra, along with three others, was accused of gang-raping a woman in Sector-22 near the Surajpur locality during his posting in the area, police said.
A case of rape was registered against them at the Sector 20 police station and the matter is still pending before the court, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what