Cop found guilty in 1998 gang-rape case, dismissed
Greater Noida: A police constable was on Sunday dismissed from service after a departmental probe found him guilty in a gang-rape case of 1998.
"Ram Snehi Mishra has been dismissed from service by the SSP as he was found guilty in the inquiry," an official spokesperson said.
Mishra, along with three others, was accused of gang-raping a woman in Sector-22 near the Surajpur locality during his posting in the area, police said.
A case of rape was registered against them at the Sector 20 police station and the matter is still pending before the court, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional