Cop found guilty in 1998 gang-rape case, dismissed
Greater Noida: A police constable was on Sunday dismissed from service after a departmental probe found him guilty in a gang-rape case of 1998.
"Ram Snehi Mishra has been dismissed from service by the SSP as he was found guilty in the inquiry," an official spokesperson said.
Mishra, along with three others, was accused of gang-raping a woman in Sector-22 near the Surajpur locality during his posting in the area, police said.
A case of rape was registered against them at the Sector 20 police station and the matter is still pending before the court, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP