Cop found guilty in 1998 gang-rape case, dismissed
Greater Noida: A police constable was on Sunday dismissed from service after a departmental probe found him guilty in a gang-rape case of 1998.
"Ram Snehi Mishra has been dismissed from service by the SSP as he was found guilty in the inquiry," an official spokesperson said.
Mishra, along with three others, was accused of gang-raping a woman in Sector-22 near the Surajpur locality during his posting in the area, police said.
A case of rape was registered against them at the Sector 20 police station and the matter is still pending before the court, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list