Court extends JC of hawala kingpin Naresh Jain
New Delhi: A Delhi court today extended by
11 days the judicial custody of alleged hawala kingpin Naresh
Kumar Jain for his reported complicity in international drug
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjiv Jain sent Jain to jail
till February 25 after he was produced by the Narcotics
Control Bureau (NCB) on completion of his judicial custody.
The accused, meanwhile, alleged that he has been framed
in the case by the NCB which had acted "in connivance" with
the Enforcement Directorate.
Earlier, the court had said there was "sufficient
material" to arrest Jain for his alleged complicity in
international drug trafficking trade.
Jain was being supported in the hawala trade by
Dubai-based Ahmed Parvez, a Pakistan national, who is now
being prosecuted in Italy, Rajesh Manchanda, a prosecutor of
Besides NCB, ED has also filed a separate case against
Jain under various provisions of Prevention of Money
Laundering Act (PMLA) for his alleged hawala transactions
relating to proceeds of drugs trade.
Naveen Kumar Matta, special prosecutor for ED, had
earlier informed another court that the probe into the money
trail of Jain was at a "crucial" stage.
Jain was arrested by the NCB on December 6 last year for
allegedly financing and transporting narcotic drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred