Criminal wanted in MCOCA case arrested
New Delhi: An alleged criminal, wanted in a MCOCA case and evading arrest for the past three years, was arrested in the capital, police said on Wednesday.
Ashwini, who had been absconding for the past three years, was apprehended from Badli Industrial Area yesterday on a tip-off, Sanjay Kumar Jain, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
A .315 bore country made pistol and two live cartridges were allegedly recovered from him.
He is said to be a member of Babloo-Ghogha and Neetu-Dabodhia gang.
Ashiwini is previously involved in cases including murder, attempt to murder, dacoity, robbery, extortion, criminal assault and possession of illegal firearms.
He had been evading arrest ever since he was declared a Proclaimed offender in a MCOCA case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'