CWG: Court holds complaint against Sheila Dikshit
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday held as "maintainable" a complaint against Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and others alleging their involvement in large-scale corruption during the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
"I find the complaint maintainable," Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi said.
The court also issued a notice to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) and Additional DCP of the Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police to appear in person before it on September 26 with "proper reports" as sought by it (court) on the complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg.
The matter pertains to a complaint filed by Garg through advocate Hari Om Gupta against Dikshit, PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan and former CWG OC chairman Suresh Kalmadi for alleged corruption in CWG-related projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police