Danish woman gangrape: Two accused sent to police custody
New Delhi: Two more persons arrested in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist were on Saturday remanded in police custody by a Delhi court till January 20.
The police told the court today that six persons, including a juvenile, have been nabbed and two others are still at large and will be arrested soon as "their appearances have been explained by three arrested accused."
Arjun and Raju, arrested yesterday, were produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sudhanshu Kaushik, who handed them over to Delhi Police officials for two days of custodial interrogation.
The police had sought two days remand, saying Arjun and Raju are to be confronted with the other three nabbed accused -- Mahender alias Ganja, Mohammed Raza and Raju Singh -- already in its custody till Monday.
"The accused persons are sent to police custody till January 20," the court said.
So far, police have apprehended six persons, including one juvenile, whose inquiry is being conducted by the Juvenile Justice Board here.
The police told the court that these two accused are among the eight vagabonds who had robbed and gangraped the victim at knife-point on January 14 night after leading her to a secluded place close to the Divisional Railway Officers Club near the New Delhi railway station.
It also said that two still absconding will be nabbed soon as their appearance has been explained by the three.
The police further told the court that on the disclosure of the three in their custody, they have apprehended the duo.
The cops said that they have also recovered the alleged victim`s looted mobile phone and books from their possessions.
Police have booked the accused persons under sections 376 (2)(G) (gangrape), 397 (robbery or dacoity, with attempt to cause death or grievous hurt) and 392 (robbery) of the IPC.
The Danish tourist, who had come to India on January 1, had first gone to Agra and returned to Delhi on January 13 and checked in a Paharganj hotel here.
On January 14, she went to visit a museum near Connaught Place but lost her way back to her hotel following which she approached the group of men asking for directions who waylaid her and then robbed and gangraped her for around three hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed