Deepak Bhardwaj’s murder: Police announces Rs 1 lakh reward for Swami
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday declared a reward of Rs1 lakh on Swami Pratibhanand, one of the main accused in the murder of BSP leader and business tycoon Deepak Bhardwaj, police said.
Pratibhanand, 48, has changed his locations in at least seven cities in separate states since the March 26 murder of Bhardwaj at his farmhouse in south Delhi`s Rajokri.
Pratibhanand, a resident of Beed district in Maharashtra, is suspected to have travelled to Nanded in Maharashtra, Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, Haridwar in Uttrakhand, Indore in Madhya Pradesh, Bangalore in Karnataka, Patna in Bihar, and Kolkata in West Bengal since the murder.
"We have declared a reward of Rs.1 lakh to anyone who will provide information to Delhi Police about Pratibhanand," said a police officer.
The officer said that the swami, who usually wore saffron clothes, has been wearing shirts and trousers to avoid being detected.
Police have released a sketch of Pratibhanand and questioned over 20 people at Jhajjar in Haryana, where he was living before becoming untraceable.
Pratibhanand had received a contract of Rs.2 crore to arrange the shooters to eliminate Bhardwaj. He was also provided a token amount of Rs.3 lakh to Rs.4 lakh.
Bhardwaj was gunned down by hired killers Sunil Mann alias Sonu and Purushottam Rana alias Monu at his 35-acre farmhouse in south Delhi. They have been arrested.
Police have also arrested Rakesh alias Bhola, the owner of the car used by the killers after the murder, and Rakesh Malik, a commercial pilot, who allegedly hired the shooters.
Nitesh, 36, Bhardwaj`s younger son, was arrested Tuesday for his father`s murder. Nitesh`s aide and advocate-cum-property dealer Baljeet Singh Sehrawat, 51, was also arrested the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state