Delhi: 15-year-old boy detained in minor’s assault case
New Delhi: A 15-year-old boy was detained on Sunday in connection with the assault on a six-year-old girl inside a public toilet even as doctors were awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
A senior police official said they were questioning the teenager as they suspect that he was involved in the incident which took place in Gautampuri on Friday evening.
Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who slit the girl`s throat and inflicted other injuries on her two days ago.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where she is being treated, said the victim was stable and having semi-solid food.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma