Delhi: 15-year-old boy detained in minor’s assault case
New Delhi: A 15-year-old boy was detained on Sunday in connection with the assault on a six-year-old girl inside a public toilet even as doctors were awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
A senior police official said they were questioning the teenager as they suspect that he was involved in the incident which took place in Gautampuri on Friday evening.
Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who slit the girl`s throat and inflicted other injuries on her two days ago.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where she is being treated, said the victim was stable and having semi-solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what