Delhi: 15-year-old boy detained in minor’s assault case
New Delhi: A 15-year-old boy was detained on Sunday in connection with the assault on a six-year-old girl inside a public toilet even as doctors were awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
A senior police official said they were questioning the teenager as they suspect that he was involved in the incident which took place in Gautampuri on Friday evening.
Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who slit the girl`s throat and inflicted other injuries on her two days ago.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where she is being treated, said the victim was stable and having semi-solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight