Delhi: 15-year-old boy detained in minor’s assault case
New Delhi: A 15-year-old boy was detained on Sunday in connection with the assault on a six-year-old girl inside a public toilet even as doctors were awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
A senior police official said they were questioning the teenager as they suspect that he was involved in the incident which took place in Gautampuri on Friday evening.
Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who slit the girl`s throat and inflicted other injuries on her two days ago.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, where she is being treated, said the victim was stable and having semi-solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...