Delhi businessman shot resisting robbery bid
New Delhi: A 32-year-old businessman was shot and critically injured when he attempted to stop a robbery bid at his shop here Saturday afternoon, police said.
"Amit Garg, who owns a fodder shop at Harsh Vihar in east Delhi, was shot when he resisted the three robbers who barged into his shop," said a police officer.
After shooting Garg, the men took away with cash kept in a locker.
"The exact amount of looted cash is yet to be ascertained," said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note