Delhi businessman shot resisting robbery bid
New Delhi: A 32-year-old businessman was shot and critically injured when he attempted to stop a robbery bid at his shop here Saturday afternoon, police said.
"Amit Garg, who owns a fodder shop at Harsh Vihar in east Delhi, was shot when he resisted the three robbers who barged into his shop," said a police officer.
After shooting Garg, the men took away with cash kept in a locker.
"The exact amount of looted cash is yet to be ascertained," said an officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore