Delhi gang-rape: BJP`s condolence meeting at Jantar Mantar today
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has organised a condolence meeting at the Jantar Mantar here on Monday where the party leaders and cadres would offer tributes to the 23-year-old gang-rape victim, who was cremated here this morning.
Taking on the Congress-led UPA Government over its handling of the entire situation, Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta today condemned the Centre`s move of imposing pressure on the family to conduct the last rites of the girl before dawn.
Vijender Gupta was present at the girl`s cremation along with Minister of State for Home Affairs RPN Singh and Congress MP from West Delhi Mahabal Mishra.
A special aircraft of Air India carrying the mortal remains of the victim, who died at Singapore`s Mount Elizebeth hospital on Saturday morning, landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in New Delhi at around 3.30 am.
The body was then taken to her residence where the girl lived and religious rituals were performed before taking it to the crematorium amid heavy deployment of Delhi Police and RAF personnel. The cremation took place under a dense cover of fog.
While undergoing treatment at Safdarjung hospital, the girl was shifted to Mount Elizebeth hospital for further treatment.
The girl was gang-raped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six men in a moving bus in South Delhi on the night of December 16. She died on Saturday at around 2:15 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed