Delhi gang-rape: Braveheart’s kin wants juvenile to be tried as adult
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): Brother of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Friday regretted that the name of one accused was left out in the chargesheet filed on the grounds that he was a minor, saying his crime cannot be taken as any lesser merely on the basis of his age.
"The person who has been left out is just four months from being a major and is well aware of what is right and wrong and he needs to be treated as a major," the victim`s brother told reporters here at his native Medawar Kala village here.
He demanded that Delhi police do the needful and include his name in the chargesheet or else the family would be forced to explore legal recourse.
The 23-year-old victim`s brother said that just on the ground that he is a minor, his crime cannot be judged as any lesser.
He also asked the media to exercise restraint while reporting on the issue.
Delhi Police yesterday filed its charge sheet in a Delhi court against five men arrested in the case, slapping on them murder, rape, kidnapping and other charges.
The case of the sixth accused, a juvenile, will be filed before the Juvenile Justice Board.
In the 33-page charge sheet, the role of the juvenile offender is also elaborated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'