Delhi gang-rape: Braveheart’s kin wants juvenile to be tried as adult
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): Brother of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Friday regretted that the name of one accused was left out in the chargesheet filed on the grounds that he was a minor, saying his crime cannot be taken as any lesser merely on the basis of his age.
"The person who has been left out is just four months from being a major and is well aware of what is right and wrong and he needs to be treated as a major," the victim`s brother told reporters here at his native Medawar Kala village here.
He demanded that Delhi police do the needful and include his name in the chargesheet or else the family would be forced to explore legal recourse.
The 23-year-old victim`s brother said that just on the ground that he is a minor, his crime cannot be judged as any lesser.
He also asked the media to exercise restraint while reporting on the issue.
Delhi Police yesterday filed its charge sheet in a Delhi court against five men arrested in the case, slapping on them murder, rape, kidnapping and other charges.
The case of the sixth accused, a juvenile, will be filed before the Juvenile Justice Board.
In the 33-page charge sheet, the role of the juvenile offender is also elaborated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in