Delhi gang-rape: Chargesheet against juvenile for robbing a man
New Delhi: The Delhi police on Thursday filed its chargesheet against the juvenile in the Juvenile Justice Board for allegedly committing robbery before participating in the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16.
The minor has been accused of robbing a vegetable seller, Ramadhar Singh, who had taken the same bus before the girl and male friend boarded in the bus.
Police filed its PIR (police investigation report, which is equivalent to charge sheet) before Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) here and sought initiation of proceedings against the juvenile on charges of wrongful confinement, voluntarily causing hurt in robbery and common intention under Juvenile Justice Act.
The juvenile, who was acting as the conductor, has been named in the police report. A separate charge sheet in this particular incident will be filed against other five accused before the Delhi court.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by the six accused, after she and her male friend boarded the bus on December 16 night.
The case against the five accused is being heard on a daily basis in the court of Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Yogesh Khanna.
The JJB Board, presided over by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel, has taken cognizance of the gang-rape report and called police on February 28 for framing of notice (equivalent of framing of charges) in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport