Delhi gang-rape: Chargesheet against juvenile for robbing a man
New Delhi: The Delhi police on Thursday filed its chargesheet against the juvenile in the Juvenile Justice Board for allegedly committing robbery before participating in the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on December 16.
The minor has been accused of robbing a vegetable seller, Ramadhar Singh, who had taken the same bus before the girl and male friend boarded in the bus.
Police filed its PIR (police investigation report, which is equivalent to charge sheet) before Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) here and sought initiation of proceedings against the juvenile on charges of wrongful confinement, voluntarily causing hurt in robbery and common intention under Juvenile Justice Act.
The juvenile, who was acting as the conductor, has been named in the police report. A separate charge sheet in this particular incident will be filed against other five accused before the Delhi court.
The girl had died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by the six accused, after she and her male friend boarded the bus on December 16 night.
The case against the five accused is being heard on a daily basis in the court of Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Yogesh Khanna.
The JJB Board, presided over by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel, has taken cognizance of the gang-rape report and called police on February 28 for framing of notice (equivalent of framing of charges) in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS