Delhi gang-rape: Protests continue at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: The capital on Tuesday continued to witness protests against the Delhi gang-rape, with a modest gathering at Jantar Mantar demanding strong law against sexual offences.
Some people continued their fast demanding stringent punishment for the culprits involved in the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedic student, who died last Saturday.
Oil paintings with social messages and candle light vigil were also held at the protest site. "We are sorry we could not save you" -- one of the posters read.
A girl and her mother staged a protest there alleging that police were reluctant to lodge a complaint against some anti-social elements who harassed them in Motinagar.
Policemen were deployed at Jantar Mantar as well as at India Gate and Raisina Hill where violent protests had taken place last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog