Delhi gang-rape: Protests continue at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: The capital on Tuesday continued to witness protests against the Delhi gang-rape, with a modest gathering at Jantar Mantar demanding strong law against sexual offences.
Some people continued their fast demanding stringent punishment for the culprits involved in the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedic student, who died last Saturday.
Oil paintings with social messages and candle light vigil were also held at the protest site. "We are sorry we could not save you" -- one of the posters read.
A girl and her mother staged a protest there alleging that police were reluctant to lodge a complaint against some anti-social elements who harassed them in Motinagar.
Policemen were deployed at Jantar Mantar as well as at India Gate and Raisina Hill where violent protests had taken place last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?