Delhi gang-rape: Protests continue at Jantar Mantar
New Delhi: The capital on Tuesday continued to witness protests against the Delhi gang-rape, with a modest gathering at Jantar Mantar demanding strong law against sexual offences.
Some people continued their fast demanding stringent punishment for the culprits involved in the gang-rape of the 23-year-old paramedic student, who died last Saturday.
Oil paintings with social messages and candle light vigil were also held at the protest site. "We are sorry we could not save you" -- one of the posters read.
A girl and her mother staged a protest there alleging that police were reluctant to lodge a complaint against some anti-social elements who harassed them in Motinagar.
Policemen were deployed at Jantar Mantar as well as at India Gate and Raisina Hill where violent protests had taken place last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days