Delhi gang-rape: Sheila Dikshit to hold peace rally on Jan 02
New Delhi: Amidst huge uproar over the shocking gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will be organising a peace rally in the national capital on January 02.
The state’s Chief Minister, who has faced intense criticism for failing to improve the security situation across Delhi, will lead the march with some other women organisations. The march will commence from Pragati Maidan and conclude at Rajghat.
The para-medical student was gang-raped and brutally tortured by a group of six men in a moving bus on the night of December 16.
The girl has remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment since she was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in South Delhi- an incident which triggered a nation-wide outrage.
The victim is currently receiving treatment at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, where she is said to be in an "extremely critical condition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready