Delhi gang-rape: Sheila Dikshit to hold peace rally on Jan 02
New Delhi: Amidst huge uproar over the shocking gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will be organising a peace rally in the national capital on January 02.
The state’s Chief Minister, who has faced intense criticism for failing to improve the security situation across Delhi, will lead the march with some other women organisations. The march will commence from Pragati Maidan and conclude at Rajghat.
The para-medical student was gang-raped and brutally tortured by a group of six men in a moving bus on the night of December 16.
The girl has remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment since she was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in South Delhi- an incident which triggered a nation-wide outrage.
The victim is currently receiving treatment at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, where she is said to be in an "extremely critical condition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list