Delhi gang-rape: Sheila Dikshit to hold peace rally on Jan 02
New Delhi: Amidst huge uproar over the shocking gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit will be organising a peace rally in the national capital on January 02.
The state’s Chief Minister, who has faced intense criticism for failing to improve the security situation across Delhi, will lead the march with some other women organisations. The march will commence from Pragati Maidan and conclude at Rajghat.
The para-medical student was gang-raped and brutally tortured by a group of six men in a moving bus on the night of December 16.
The girl has remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment since she was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in South Delhi- an incident which triggered a nation-wide outrage.
The victim is currently receiving treatment at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, where she is said to be in an "extremely critical condition".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'