Delhi gang-rape victim`s family turns down offer of fee refund
Dehradun: The family of the Delhi gang-rape victim has turned down an offer from the city`s Sai Institute to return the fees charged from her, saying the amount should be used to help poor and needy students.
The offer by the institute from where she did a four year course in physiotherapy before moving to Delhi was turned down by the girl`s father when he came here yesterday along with his son to collect her marksheet of her final year examination, its director Harish Arora said.
Overcome with emotion as he saw her marksheet in which she had secured 73 percent marks, the father said that the money amounting to Rs 1.8 lakh for the four year course should be used as scholarship to meritorious students who can`t afford the fees, Arora said.
As the father looked at her daughter`s marks considered by her teachers at the institute as better than most students, he said he was proud of his daughter`s academic performance but would continue to miss her all his life.
"This agony will continue to haunt us as long as we are alive," he said, adding use of her fee money for the welfare of poor students may help his daughter`s soul rest in peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH