Delhi govt to install fire safety provisions in its schools
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to install fire safety infrastructure in 441 schools run by it at a cost of Rs 112 crore.
A proposal to this effect was cleared by a meeting of the Delhi Cabinet presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The government is committed to provide fire safety in all government schools. The Cabinet today decided to entrust fire safety provisions in 441 government school buildings," said Dikshit after the cabinet.
Officials said the all required fire safety provisions including fire alarm, fire escape measures and fire fighting systems will be provided to schools as part of the project.
They said PWD has installed fire safety provisions in 241 schools and work is under progress in other 20 schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone