Delhi govt to install fire safety provisions in its schools
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to install fire safety infrastructure in 441 schools run by it at a cost of Rs 112 crore.
A proposal to this effect was cleared by a meeting of the Delhi Cabinet presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The government is committed to provide fire safety in all government schools. The Cabinet today decided to entrust fire safety provisions in 441 government school buildings," said Dikshit after the cabinet.
Officials said the all required fire safety provisions including fire alarm, fire escape measures and fire fighting systems will be provided to schools as part of the project.
They said PWD has installed fire safety provisions in 241 schools and work is under progress in other 20 schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam