Delhi govt to install fire safety provisions in its schools
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to install fire safety infrastructure in 441 schools run by it at a cost of Rs 112 crore.
A proposal to this effect was cleared by a meeting of the Delhi Cabinet presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The government is committed to provide fire safety in all government schools. The Cabinet today decided to entrust fire safety provisions in 441 government school buildings," said Dikshit after the cabinet.
Officials said the all required fire safety provisions including fire alarm, fire escape measures and fire fighting systems will be provided to schools as part of the project.
They said PWD has installed fire safety provisions in 241 schools and work is under progress in other 20 schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'