Delhi govt to install fire safety provisions in its schools
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to install fire safety infrastructure in 441 schools run by it at a cost of Rs 112 crore.
A proposal to this effect was cleared by a meeting of the Delhi Cabinet presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The government is committed to provide fire safety in all government schools. The Cabinet today decided to entrust fire safety provisions in 441 government school buildings," said Dikshit after the cabinet.
Officials said the all required fire safety provisions including fire alarm, fire escape measures and fire fighting systems will be provided to schools as part of the project.
They said PWD has installed fire safety provisions in 241 schools and work is under progress in other 20 schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Islamic State claims deadly suicide attack on Jordanian soldiers
- US parades celebrate Gay Pride, honor Orlando victims
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans