Delhi govt to install fire safety provisions in its schools
New Delhi: Delhi Government on Thursday decided to install fire safety infrastructure in 441 schools run by it at a cost of Rs 112 crore.
A proposal to this effect was cleared by a meeting of the Delhi Cabinet presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
"The government is committed to provide fire safety in all government schools. The Cabinet today decided to entrust fire safety provisions in 441 government school buildings," said Dikshit after the cabinet.
Officials said the all required fire safety provisions including fire alarm, fire escape measures and fire fighting systems will be provided to schools as part of the project.
They said PWD has installed fire safety provisions in 241 schools and work is under progress in other 20 schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you