`Delhi Govt will not be able to fund Metro`s third phase`
New Delhi: Delhi Government will not be able
to allocate required funds for the third phase of the metro
network due to financial crisis.
Delhi Finance Minister A K Walia said Government was
facing severe shortage of funds due to huge spending on
projects linked to the Commonwealth Games and so it will not
be able to contribute its share for the third phase of metro.
Walia said Delhi Development Authority (DDA), which earns
lot of money by selling lands in the capital, should be asked
to contribute Delhi Government`s quota of financial
The Minister even said that the Government would not be
able to make the remaining quota of payments for the second
phase of the Metro network and that DDA should also fund the
"The DDA should also fund the metro projects. They earn
lot of money by selling land in the capital. They should
contribute their financial resources for development of
transport network in the city," Walia told PTI.
Walia said the city Government was asked to pay Rs 1,265
crore after Japan Bank of International Cooperation (JBIC)
said it would not be able to provide more than 30 per cent of
the project cost for the third phase.
"It will not be possible for us to cough up this amount.
The DDA must come forward," Walia said.
Delhi government had sanctioned Rs three crore for the
preparation of detailed project report (DPR) of the third
phase of the metro network.
The DMRC plans to start the construction work on
Phase-III by the end of 2010.
In Phase-III, the DMRC envisages connecting Jahangirpur
with Sarai Kale Khan ISBT, Dilshad Garden with Ghaziabad ISBT,
Airport link-Sushant Lok (Gurgaon), Mundka-Delhi
border-Bahadurgarh, Badarpur-YMCA chowk and Gurgaon.
"We want DDA to pay the remaining amount of payment on
our behalf to the DMRC as we are facing lot of financial
difficulties," Walia added.
The Union Urban Development Ministry had told Delhi that
the Centre will contribute half of the total project cost
while Delhi government will have to cough up the other half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo