Delhi: LNJP doctors call off strike
New Delhi: LNJP doctors, who had gone on an indefinite strike to protest the assualt on a female medical student, on Monday called off their stir following an assurance from authorities that security measures in the hospital premises will be improved.
Emergency services were crippled at the Lok Naik Jai Prakash hospital for over 24 hours since yesterday afternoon when nearly 500 resident doctors went on an indefinite strike after a girl medical student with the hospital was slapped by a patient`s mother.
This was the second such attack in a row as a team of four doctors was assaulted last Friday when it tried to save a teenager with an intestinal disorder by providing her CPR.
"We called off our strike at 4.30 pm today after we were convinced about good security measures assured to us by the Principal Secretary Health and our Medical Superintendent. Along with improved security, we have chalked out a protocol where different individuals will take responsibility of legal actions to be taken if any such incident happens in future," Dr Anurag Mishra, president of LNJP Resident Doctors Association, said.
"Authorities have assured us that the number of guards including women guards will be increased, one patient one relative system will be enforced and the number of CCTV cameras will be increased," Dr Vinay Agarwal, another member of the RDA said.
"Hoarding containing details of Delhi Medicare Service Personnel and Medicare Service Institutions (Prevention of Violence and Damage to Property) Act, 2008 will be put in different places in the hospital. This will be done to educate patients relatives on legal actions they might encounter if they misbehave with any medico," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof