Delhi: Man jailed for life for raping 4-yr-old
New Delhi: A man was sentenced today to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for raping the four-year-old daughter of his neighbour.
Additional Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja awarded life term to Nehru Nagar resident Pawan, holding him guilty of wrongfully confining and raping the minor, who was friendly with him.
The prosecution case was that on March 25, 2011, the minor girl could not be traced and her mother began searching for her. She also went to Pawan`s house and inquired if he has seen her daughter. Pawan, however, feigned ignorance.
Accompanied with one of her relatives, the woman again went to the convict`s house and forced her way in and found her minor daughter lying there in an injured condition, the police told the court.
They raised an alarm upon which the residents of the locality gathered and handed over Pawan to the police.
Medical examination of the victim, convict and the forensic report confirmed rape.
The victim, in her statement to the court, narrated the incident.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 on Pawan under section 376 IPC (rape) and Rs 1,000 for wrongful confinement of the minor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!