Delhi: Man jailed for life for raping 4-yr-old
New Delhi: A man was sentenced today to life imprisonment by a Delhi court for raping the four-year-old daughter of his neighbour.
Additional Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja awarded life term to Nehru Nagar resident Pawan, holding him guilty of wrongfully confining and raping the minor, who was friendly with him.
The prosecution case was that on March 25, 2011, the minor girl could not be traced and her mother began searching for her. She also went to Pawan`s house and inquired if he has seen her daughter. Pawan, however, feigned ignorance.
Accompanied with one of her relatives, the woman again went to the convict`s house and forced her way in and found her minor daughter lying there in an injured condition, the police told the court.
They raised an alarm upon which the residents of the locality gathered and handed over Pawan to the police.
Medical examination of the victim, convict and the forensic report confirmed rape.
The victim, in her statement to the court, narrated the incident.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 on Pawan under section 376 IPC (rape) and Rs 1,000 for wrongful confinement of the minor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!