Delhi Metro services till 8 pm on Diwali
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro will stop train services on all routes at 8 pm on Diwali, three hours before the scheduled time, an official said Saturday.
Tuesday`s last train will start at 8 pm from terminal stations of all the six lines -- Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur.
"The service will be usual in the morning and begin at 6 am," Delhi Metro spokesman Anuj Dayal said.
Normally, about 15 trains are withdrawn from the lines during non-peak hours from 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
Also, in view of Bhai Duj Thursday, the Metro trains will make 200 extra trips.
"The metro will provide extra 200 trips and the trains will run at peak hour frequency from 8 am to 9 pm Thursday," a Delhi Metro statement said.
More customer facilitation agents will be deployed to guide commuters Nov 15 at busy stations. There will also be additional ticket counters.
"Metro will function normal on Bhai Duj from 6 am to 11.00 pm," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon