Delhi Metro sets record with nearly 22 lakh riders
New Delhi: Setting yet another record in ridership, Delhi Metro carried nearly 22 lakh people on a single day on Wednesday, a figure which is much higher than its projected ridership of 20 lakh.
The milestone was achieved by Delhi Metro yesterday when 21.95 people travelled by it. This was the second time in a span of ten days that DMRC carried over 21 lakh passengers on a single day.
"Delhi Metro recorded the highest ever ridership figure of 21, 95,999 on August one, which surpassed the earlier record set on July 23 when 21.26 lakh people travelled by the Metro," a Delhi Metro spokesman said on Thursday.
On Wednesday, the Metro`s all the six lines grossed highest ridership individually also.
In order to cater to this increased ridership, DMRC also opened additional ticket counters at 24 Metro stations including Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Seelampur, Jahangirpuri, Azadpur, Adarsh Nagar, M G Road, IFFCO Chowk, HUDA City Centre and Vaishali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan