Delhi: Nigerian sentenced for drug peddling
New Delhi: A Nigerian, caught with 5kg of
heroin and convicted for drug peddling, has been sentenced by
a Delhi court to a jail term already served by him as an
undertrial prisoner for five years and three months.
"Keeping in view the totality of facts and circumstances
of the case, I sentence the convict to the period of
imprisonment already undergone by him and also to pay a fine
of Rs 50,000," Special Judge M K Nagpal said while sentencing
The Nigerian was caught with the contraband near his
rented accommodation at Bhai Parmanand Colony in North West
Delhi in March 2006.
The court, however, did not order the Nigerian`s release
and asked the jail authorities to detain him at the Foreigner
Regional Registration Offices (FRRO) detention centre till
expiry of the period of appeal against the judgement.
Osisioma was arrested by a team of Directorate of Revenue
Intelligence (DRI) sleuths and booked under the Narcotic Drugs
and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
During the search of his rented flat, one forged Nigerian
passport in the name of one Okonkwo Uche Danial was recovered
from him, for which a separate case was registered against
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why